Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Facade - Found similar

We found a house at Oran Park with a similar facade to what we are doing just different colour scheme
Sort of like this......

Sunday, 18 March 2012

Deposit Paid..... Allworth Langford it is!!!

Deposit paid today so officially building with Allworth Homes....... Got our Allworth folder with all of our colour selections contained within so one chapter ends and another painful one is about to begin. The actually choosing of EVERYTHING!!!!!

Sure there will be modifications, the great thing with Allworth is that there is not charge for Variations until after the Building Contracts are done :)

So now to work out External Colours!!
Oran Park Langford Display

Friday, 16 March 2012

Discount Negotiation - Call 5

Came back with the final verdict........... $2,000 discount and my 150 day tender period to protect from base house price rises over the next 150 days and my inspections.

Discussed with Kylie and agreed to terms, they wanted me in ASAP to pay the deposit but told them earliest would be Sunday and maybe Monday dependant if I could get funds from the bank (ATM)

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Discount Negotiation - Call 4

Sales guy called again, got him on a coference call with Kylie and she explained what he had given us the impression of the discount we could expect (around $5,000).

At the end of the call asked what we wanted, I said at least $2,500 discount.

Monday, 12 March 2012

Discount Negotiation - Call 3

Called back today to advise that guy would not do anymore, told my sales guy I was now in serious discussions with ProCorp to get something going with them.

The Sales guy then told me he would chase it up higher if he had to get me a better deal as he admitted he had expected a better result himself.

Friday, 9 March 2012

Discount Negotiation - Call 2

Called back to tell me I could have a $1,500 discount, that was it as there price was increasing in 2 weeks.

Shocked again I told them it was not good enough, that I had other options and would review them over the weekend and walk away if I had too

Thursday, 8 March 2012

Discount Negotiations - Call 1

Got a call on my way home saying they would give me my 150 day tender, inspection ability and that was it! I was a little shocked as I expected some cash discount....

Asked about if I removed the 150 days what cash discount I would get, had to wait for the call back

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Time for a discount!!

After a few weeks of the tender bouncing around after we had removed options and added the facade stuff and a few mistakes the final Tender was completed. Made an appointment to start my discount negotiations with Allworth.

I had spoken the Beechwood and they were going to remove the high ceiling charge moving them to even cheaper....... So I needed Allworth to do something to feel better about everything and get them closer to ProCorp.

Told the sales guy that Beechwood was $10-15,000 cheaper and they had to do something for me to get me over the line or I would go elsewhere. ProCorp were just over $5,000 cheaper so I had two cheaper options to use as bargaining power.

I also wanted 150 day Tender period incase there were delays and the ability to bring in an Independent building inspector to review 3-4 stages of construction.

I was awaiting the response.